Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sydney Maritime Museum


Just recently Lyndon and I spent a night in Sydney. That first afternoon we visited the Maritime Museum.


We visited a naval ship and a submarine. Those submariners really earn their wage. I couldn't live like that.






It was all very interesting. So was the weather when we emerged. It was starting to cloud up but we decided to walk into the Rocks for a look anyway. By the time we got there we were both drenched to our skin and freezing! We managed to get a taxi home, dried off and then had a lovely dinner at an Italian restaurant on King's Pier. A nice day.
xx

3 comments:

  1. apart from the rain it sounded like a great day out. my fav is the maritime museum in Darwin, it's realy extraordinary with a lot of Chinese and Indonesian boats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum works there Sarah. She's a tour guide and occasionally dresses as a pirate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've managed to pack a lot into your Sydney trip, having worked my way backwards thru your last few posts! Loads of interesting things to do and places to visit - hope you had a great time Sarah!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!