Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Melbourne shopping madness + crazy transportation


As part of our weekend away, birthday girl Selina had organised a super stretch 1957 Chevy Belair as our transport for a day out shopping.


I couldn't believe how big, or rather, long it was!

L-R Lisa, Karen, Stephanie, Camilla and Kristina.
Everyone was really excited.


First stop was Essendon DFO where the girls went mad. Despite a huge array of shops and 3 hours browsing, I came away with only a cute pair of tights for my niece.
From there we went to Preston markets and seeing as we were in the area, stopped by the Elk store for a look. By this stage I had completely overheated in the back of the limo (ten excited women create a lot of hot air) and felt that sick I couldn't tolerate it anymore. They dropped me off home for a bit of a relax whilst they hit Brunswick street and came home with a big haul.

Rob the driver. I bet he was cringing at some of the stories he overheard that day :)
There's Selina the birthday girl
We had a blast. The reactions from other drivers and pedestrians were gold. People were waving at us and taking photos. They must have thought that someone special was in town. Correct!!
xx

6 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds fantastic. What a hoot it would've been touring around in the stretch Chevy. Shame you were feeling ill but it's good to know when you've reached your limit and have a relax. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like so much fun Sarah, I would love a weekend away with my girlfriends to shop and chat. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shops must have loved you!!!!!
    That car is amazing but I can also understand how it might be necessary to leave it for awhile!
    It sounds almost as good a weekend as mine was!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, although I'm sure it would have been a bit much after a while in there! Loving your weekend posts, and now I so want to go to Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way for you to have all been driven around :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun fun fun.....what a fab car too smooch to you sarah xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you - your lovely comments make my day!